It has been found that the GPS feature does not work in some cases on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra models. So why does this occur?
Samsung introduced the Galaxy S22 series at the Galaxy Unpacked event held last month . The series, which received positive feedback from users with its features and design, managed to sell more than 300 thousand on the first day of its sale in central South Korea. It also sold over 1 million copies in the eight-day period from 14 to 21 February. The Galaxy S8 + series broke the sales record of 1 million in 11 days and made Samsung smile.
An annoying bug has been detected on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Although the Samsung Galaxy S22 series left a positive impression in the industry, there has been a recent development that has made Galaxy S22 Ultra users nervous. According to Android World, GPS issues have started popping up on some Galaxy S22 Ultra models.
Dozens of similar posts were made on Samsung forums. The common point of users suffering from the problem is that the GPS feature of the Galaxy S22 Ultra does not work at all after it is installed for the first time or when it is not used for a long time, and applications that use GPS such as Google Maps give the error “GPS not found”.
Finally, it should be noted that methods such as resetting network settings, formatting and restarting do not work for the majority of users. The GPS not working problem, which is thought to be software-related, is expected to be resolved with a new update to be released very soon.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra technical specifications
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Storage and RAM: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage / 8GB and 12GB RAM
- Screen: 6.8 inch Edge QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display, 120Hz variable refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, AI-powered blue light control
- Other: IP68 certification, Samsung Pay with NFC, Ultrasonic fingerprint reader, S-Pen
- Rear Camera: 12 Megapixel f / 2.2 ultra wide angle + 108 Megapixel f / 1.8 wide angle + 10 Megapixel telephoto camera 3x optical zoom f / 2.4 + 10 Megapixel telephoto camera 10x optical zoom f / 4.9
- Video Shooting: 8K@24fps , 4K@30 /60fps, 1080p@30 /60/240fps, 720p@960fps , HDR10+, stereo sound recording, gyro-EIS
- Front camera: 40 Megapixel f/2.2
- Battery and Charge: 5,000 mAh battery – 45W wired and 15W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
- Connection: 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- OS: With OneUI 4.1 Android 12
- Size and Weight: 77.9×163.3×8.99mm – 229g